You can enter Chinese characters with Cang-jie
in practically all
Windows platforms and in Mackintosh:
1. In Non-Chinese Windows 95/98/ME/NT4.0 :
"Non-Chinese Windows" include
English and European Windows, and other localized versions of Windows
(Japanese and Korean, Middle East, etc.).
To add Chinese writing capability to these non-Chinese versions of Windows,
you have to use either:
- "Chinese enablers", like TwinBridge, NJ Star, RichWin
and others. You then can write Chinese in almost all Windows
applications (PageMaker, CorelDraw, Excel, Word for Windows, and
These enablers, all support Cang Jie input of traditional
Cang Jie input of simplified
characters (Guobiao set) is also
supported by NJ Star and by TwinBridge with the CJ-Simple
input editor which, together with the NJ Star demo
version, are provided in the CD-Rom attached to this book.
- Word 2000, Outlook Express and Internet Explorer recent versions,
together with the Asian Language pack and the Global Input Method Editor:
they allow Cang Jie input for traditional
characters in those three Microsoft applications.
2. Traditional Chinese Windows 95/98/ME:
This version is devised for traditional
characters and is based on the Big 5 code; it is used by the people of Taiwan,
Hong Kong and a great majority of Overseas Chinese and scholars.
- This version, in and of itself, supports Cang Jie input for traditional
- It is also possible to use Cang Jie to input simplified
characters by installing TwinBridge together with the above-mentioned CJ-Simple
3. Simplified Chinese Windows 95/98/ME:
This version is devised for the People’s Republic of China users and
those who want to work with simplified
- Cang Jie input is supported for simplified
characters after installing the CJ5 driver
also provided in the CD-Rom attached to this book.
- Cang Jie input is possible for traditional
characters after installing a Chinese Enabler supporting Mainland China
Windows (TwinBridge, NJ Star, Richwin).
4. Windows 2000, plus the Chinese Multi-Language pack:
Cang Jie input is fully supported for traditional
characters in Windows 2000
TwinBridge for Windows NT can also be used to input traditional characters with Cang Jie in
Cang Jie input for traditional and simplified
characters is also supported in Windows 2000 by NJ Star.
Support Cangjie input for traditional Chinese characters.